Well I have had a few negative experiences with the Dukan Diet:
- I was bullied and lost a big chunk of ‘friends’,
- There was the pizza incident, where, I came home to find an empty box of my favourite pizza on the counter and wept, embarrassingly, for what seems like hours,
- All the temptation that exists, saying no, resisting. Wearing down my willpower,
- Going out to meals with friends and family and having to a) not eat at all because of no Dukan alternatives on the menu or, b) not order what you actually want (delicious looking nachos, hamburger, and cheesecake for dessert) and instead ordering a salad (please no pecans, corn, dressing, or cheese, thank you).
- Missing out on Thanksgiving dinner, Christmas dinner, Easter dinner, Mothers Day brunch with my family. Even though my family were ALWAYS more than accommodating and accepting.
It was a lot of factors though, but that was the worst day for me on Dukan, absolutely. We had travelled to New Brunswick to see some of my family who lives there (a 10 hour drive), it was a nice, relaxing trip with my family and I’m very happy to have gone. But my birthday was shitty, even though my family tried their best.
The only gift I got was a teddy bear from one of my sisters, another of my sisters was all the way back home, my first birthday without her (other than my very first birthday) my first birthday where none of my extended family were there, I felt like a burden when it came to the diet and food for my family out on vacation, I couldn’t eat cake, I was far away from Prawn. Just everything together, absolutely terrible. I cried soooo much that day and the day preceding. Just terrible feelings all around.
Oh, and I couldn’t go out with my friends to celebrate, and even if I did, I couldn’t drink or anything (which really bothered me at the time) so what was the point?
Also, it was my time of the month. Yes, just an all around bad day.
Thinking back, it never occurred to me to just… cheat. If it had come to my attention that I was being stupid and could just cheat I might have, but then I would look back on my birthday and not only be upset over all the negativity that happened, but then I would also have this guilt that I had cheated on the diet, that it totally wasn’t worth it, I would just hate myself.
Well there you go, the worst part of The Dukan Diet for me was not being able to cheat on my birthday… but then again, if I had cheated, then THAT would be the worst part of the Dukan Diet for me. So they cancel each other out I guess.
I have had an amazing experience on Dukan. All the temptation, exhaustion, use of my willpower, they all don’t compare to how sexy I feel now, to how proud I am that I never cheated, to how proud I am of my successes. Nothing compares to how amazing I feel right now. It’s all completely worth it!
Keep working hard, always.