Tuesday 7 February 2012

The Right Partner & Some Late-Night Words of Wisdom

I was fortunate enough to have someone who wanted to do the diet with me. My partner in crime. He lost an incredible 105lbs on the diet.

You don't need someone to help you along the way. There are tons of online support groups and you are STRONG enough to go at it alone.

But I had to give a little shout out to my backup dancer :P

IF you want to do the diet with someone make sure that that person is commited. You don't want to set yourself up for failure and be the one dragging the team along. You don't want a person who isn't going to support you.
And IF the person you chose to be your support system ends up bailing, please, please don't let it affect your dieting. Just talk to me, I'll set you straight!

You cannot let food control you. You are the one who puts the food in your mouth. Your hands physically put it there... I always picture pizza yelling out "What are you waiting for, hello? Eat me! You know you want to eat me!" and I don't like being told what to do or manipulated by people... so... I don't listen!
I don't want to eat badly so I don't.

And the same needs to happen to you!
If someone was trying to manipulate you into doing something or bossing you around, you need to stand your ground and say hey! It's my life!
Well don't let some little thing that can't even actually talk control how well you fit in your new skinny jeans. It's an innanimate object, tell it to get out of your head and pick up that broccoli!

xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Did you have days that you had completely failed? How to get back on track? PP days for a while? Or just keep going normally?
    Thank you so much for your blog and sharing your story. It's truly an inspiration to me.
    XO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cheated once during this entire experience, day 2 of dieting, a person I considered to be a friend who ended up being a bully throughout the entire experience, pressured me into drinking while we were out at a club. I had 5 tequila shots. Oh Lord. Good night :P

      To get back on track I just completely restarted the diet, since I was only on day 2.

      If I were to mess up now I think I would do a mini attack phase, a couple PP days in a row. If you read throughout my blog I only did PV days throughout my Cruise phase, so I would consider a couple PP days bunched together as an attack phase, just because of my personal experience.

      Just keep going, right? Can't give up.

      Delete
  2. Appreciate you bloggingg this

    ReplyDelete