Monday 27 February 2012

Julie and Julia? Not a Crazy Idea...

Have you ever seen the movie Julie and Julia? Maryl Streep is in it and I absolutely adore her. Good movie actually.
Anyways what she does is create a blog, following Julia Childs and cooking all the recipes in her cookbook.
Obviously I'm not going to re purpose this blog. This is not a cooking blog, never has been. But blogger.com offers a couple of pretty cool tools, one of them shows me what people Google to find DukanDietress.

Interestingly enough, most of the people who are using Google to look me up are searching for Dukan friendly recipes.

So, here is what I think I will do. When I come back from my vacation (more on this later) I will try cooking every recipe in Dr Dukans book as well as the actual recipes that are posted on the Dukan Diet website weekly. I will tackle them and give you all the feedback I can possibly give. Even if you are not on this diet, these might be healthy and delicious alternatives to your current meal plans. If they turn out good you should give them a go!

I am aware there is an actual cookbook available with Dukan recipes. I'll try and look for a copy while in the US but from what I have gathered it is only available in the UK... I have not seen it here.

So what do you think?

Looks like you have a lot to look forward to after March 15th (when I return from my vacation) :)
Anyways, just a thought. More on this cooking-craziness later.

xoxo

8 comments:

  1. I think this is a wonderful idea! I found the Dukan cookbook on amazon.com. I bought it for my mom since she collects cookbooks and we were about to start our Dukan journey. It took awhile for it to come in, but it's chock full of recipes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On Amazon eh? Thank you so much! If I have time I'll order it before my trip, then maybe once I come back it'll already be here. I'm definetally going to look into it tonight, thanks. :)

      Delete
  2. That sounds like a fantastic idea! I just found your blog today - love it! I'm in the second half of consolidation (New Year's Day was when I hit my tw). I just pre-ordered the book a couple days ago, and can't wait to do the Julie/Julia activity of cooking my way through the book. (That was one of my favorite movies.)

    Congratulations on your great success.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hit my target weight New Years day as well!

      Good luck cooking through all the recipes. I'm finding it difficult so far.

      Delete
  3. straight from the source Ysl replica bags go to my site replica ysl handbags go to this website replica bags

    ReplyDelete
  4. replica bags aaa quality replica gucci handbags w5z45x9g50 replica bags china 9a replica bags more tips here x4d35h0d73 replica bags uk replica chanel bags ebay check this c3p28l2z14 replica bags gucci

    ReplyDelete