Wednesday 8 February 2012

Is This an Expensive Diet To Follow?

Hey, I get it. Money money money. You don't want to start spending oodles of cash on a diet, even if you are certain it will work. Because what if you fail at it? Then it will be money put to waste. I totally understand.

Also, you wont fail at it, because you are stron-willed and amazing. But I digress.

I have talked at length with Prawn about this and we have decided that generally you spend the same amount on this diet as you would if you weren't on it.

Let me explain.

Sure, you can eat seafood on this diet. And seafood, as well as other meats are expensive. But are they more expensive than going to McDonalds once, twice a week ontop of any other restaurant meal you would go to, ONTOP of the chips, chocolate bars, ice cream, subway, alcohol and other treats you would consume?

I think as long as you don't overindulge on the seafood and stick to cheaper meats like chicken, porc or even steak you should be fine.

And once you get to the second phase, where you are allowed vegetables, that cuts your costs even more. Your snacks become more veggie oriented and if you buy in season, cheaper.

How much money do you spend a week on your unhealthy snacks? If finances are really an issue when you are considering weather or not to go on this diet, you should take a look at some recent receipts and calculate your current expenses. I think it will shock you to see how much you currently spend on junk and unhealthy snacks.

So my tips to keep costs low while following this diet are to stay far away from seafood, pack lunches so you don't have to eat out, and buy meat when it's on sale and freeze it.

xoxo

(Thanks to a reader for the question!)

1 comment:

  1. Heya i'm for the first time here. I found this board and I find It really useful & it helped me out a lot. I hope to give something back and help others like you helped me.

    Look at my web-site ... HCG Diet Announced

    ReplyDelete