Tuesday 7 February 2012

The Cruise Phase - Cooking Up a Storm and Overview

So, this is the phase to lose the weight. I was on the cruise phase for 7 1/2 months. That's a long time.
Through this phase you will suffer the most but will reap the most reward.

Dr Dukan says to eat vegetables every second day in this phase. I talked to my doctor and said screw it. Ever since month 2 or 3 I have been eating vegetables every day and look at my results! In this phase you can eat everything you ate in phase 1, with vegetables as well, and thank goodness because you really need the variety to keep this diet from getting too boring.

When I started the Dukan Diet I never cooked. I went in the kitchen to microwave frozen dinners (which... I thought were super healthy, especially the weight watchers ones or healthy steamers... NO they are ABSOLUTELY NOT)
I also went to cook Kraft Dinner... terrible.

Through this diet I have found a love of cooking. I spend almost every evening in the kitchen, trying new vegetables, cooking new meals.

To do this diet you don't have to enjoy cooking at all. I just discovered mine through the Dukan Diet.
Recipes to follow.

You are not allowed to eat avocado (they are fruit anyways), corn, beans, nuts, and still no fruit.
There is a misconception about fruit. Everyone thinks we should eat a lot of it because it is so healthy, but no, it's packed with sugar and banned from this phase of the diet.

Still no pasta or bread. Continue to eat the Gallette.

This is a long phase for some people. At first I was losing weight gradually at about 3 lbs a week. I eventually slowed down to 1.5 to 2 lbs a week. Still, phenominal results.

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. So basically what you are saying is after starting the cruise phase and 2-3 months into the diet you added the vegetables that are allowed and ate them every day instead of doing 1/1 or 3/3 or even 5/5. The reason I ask is for my mom who is around 70 and is having a hard time doing the pp days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I ate vegetables daily for the last 5-6 months of cruise phase and still lost weight very rapidly. It helps you with your water retention since I found I was getting very dehydrated.

      Delete